A POEM REQUESTING FOR THE RELEASE OF ABOUT 234 SCHOOL GIRLS

07:25:00




 'THAT GIRL' #bringbackourgirls#




 The rodents have invaded again
 My blepharon itches
 My eyeballs perspire
 My heart is filled with sorrow and grief
 These rodents I've known
 For their cruel and vicious acts
 Have this time thrust the Eiffel tower
 Into my diastema
 How painful...how agonising
 They have confiscated not my victuals
 But this time the candle
 That precious tender creature
 Whose sweat drop as it runs down to its root
 Brings relief to its thirsty saucer

 That 'bougie',my most valuable possession
 The only item that will make me know in darkness
 Where my sword dwells
 So that I may not cast my feet against it
 These rodents have made
 Day and night gloomy
 But wis! my chandelle
 Will sweep off this obscurity
 That these rodents have brought upon my tent
 My candle,my life
 If you are annihilated today
 I'll be still,cold and immobile tomorrow
 For my feet might be cast against my sword
 And I may struck myself to death
 These rodents I know not their hamlet
 But they now possess my hope and felicity
 Yes...my felicity,and my tomorrow
 "Tomorrow will be good"
 Those undaunting words of my candle
 Those words the rodents have concealed
 Now I'm blind,
 Those words my sight have been taken
 My candle isn't broken,I know for sure
 But I can hear my precious candle
 Being rolled on its side disdainfully
 Oh! my candle is a goner
 No! my bougie isn't
 If it be,so am i
 I'm a dead living man
 Not waiting to hear
 That my candle has been destroyed
 To close my eyes and bid nada farewell
 Sleep is now far from me
 Because tomorrow will certainly be harsh
 Tomorrow will be cruel,severe and Deathful
 Rodents! Bring back my candle
 My candle is my only luminant
 Your only source of light
 Our only source of illumination
 My hair is green
 And my soul is white
 I have lost my beauty and my pride
 Now I can taste the salty liquid
 Spilling from my eyelids
 That's neither a sign of sorrow
 Nor a symbol of hopelessness
 But of joy because I know,
 I'm auspicious
 My light will be returned
 My tent is CHIBOK
 My candle is that GIRL
 That GIRL that will deface the fade
 And restore my my rich colours
Please bring back my candle
 My light
 My life
 My hope
 My tomorrow
 Please bring back my girls
 Please bring back our girls.
 #bringbackourgirls
                                                                       -Adedolapo


Photography - Robin Hammond

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment

Subscribe