I DEPART

04:23:00


' I DEPART'


 I'm above
 I visit, when I'm least expected
 I burst out of the cloud
 I know not anybody
 I've shown mercy
 I'm the mitigation

 You have always wanted
 I'm the Messiah
 To the homeless
 Who trail the path
 Of the gallivanting and scavenging dogs
 In the land with gigantic
 Glowing glass made cubic structures
 And the four wheeled modern chariot
 I hasten their heels
 I chase them
 Into their crude, sack covered
 And stick, pillared edifice
 I bring to them dysphoria
 To them I'm tetchy
 I barge into their edifice
 Now they are hopeless
 I lay my cold claws on them
 They are tortured
 They are naked
 Their infant is shivered
 And strangled to death by my sight.
 I depart






 My mission in the countryside
 Is very contrasting
 They are really mine
 After much conjuring
 I'm here, I respond
 My arrival feeds their auspiciousness
 I paint them green
 Their favourite colour
 The philomel sings
 The stream snakes its way
 Into the dry tongues
 And moisture free gullets
 Victual upon victuals
 Is what i bring
 I brake their dry and scaled lips
 With smiles and then laughter
 Their moribund infant
 Coughs back to life
 After perceiving my scent
 I'm the host
 In whom solace is found
 I'm the guest
 That brings fortune and wealth
 To its abjected host
 I'm the pond where
 The greatest whales,
 Molluscs, crustaceans,
 And other sea creatures find comfort
 The lion can now suckle the kid
 The soil is now raven black
 The soil is now adhesive
 I'm fulfilled
 I depart
                                            -Adedolapo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment

Subscribe