MY 21ST CENTURY WOMAN

14:41:00

By Dr Aminu Lekan


Wonders shall never end! I have entered it. Too
bad their is no bail out of this prison. Now, I wish
I were Abraham's brother or David's cousin
hmmm.....back to those days when women did
their jobs at home without any barriers. Look at
me now....or is it a crime for your wife to have a
job?
The other day, she disappeared to work early in
the morning leaving me hugging the pillow. That
was not even the painful part because at least,
the pillow was soft. The painful part was when
she pinged me saying "Good morning! sorry i
had to leave for work early, kindly prepare
indomie or you take cereal" i stomached that!
Nowadays, the only place i get to chat with my
wife is either Facebook, Twitter, Watsapp or
BBM because she would always be half asleep
when i get back from work. But i don't blame her
because we all have our busy days. What
triggers the volcano in my head is what she
says at the early moments of our chats ......
"honey, pls can you hold on a bit, i've got to
quickly type something" the volcano erupts
because she never comes back online and that
is even when i catch her online.
The most heart breaking one was the time i
decided to surprise her by getting home
early.....damn! I wish I branched a Mama Put.
Imagine, I got home, then she Watsapped me
"baby will get home late, lots of things to tidy up.
There is little rice in the microwave kindly warm
it ......see ya!" What made me happy was the
little she added before the rice, at least she
knew it was little but, is that how you treat a
baby..."your so called baby?!".
On and on like that I've suffered in the marital
prison! Being with someone and still feeling
lonely, worst feeling ever. Or is it wrong to make
your wife the tea winner and you the bread
winner?!
My 21st century woman is one who pings me to
tell me where breakfast is....in the microwave as
usual, who facebooks me to say good morning,
tweets me to say "busy day at work" and
watsapps me to say happy birthday.....To crown
matters from the root, i just lost my job, which
social network do i use to tell her?!....probably
2go!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment

Subscribe