I AM A LAGOSIAN

15:01:00

Dr Aminu Lekan


Garri, Indomie, Gala and Lacasera have saved
more lifes than the Nigerian Res Cross. A
complete balanced diet for a proper Lasgidian
of which I am a number one Indigen and a
number one fan. The unbeatable trio gradually
captured our stomachs and became a
Lagosians best food. What on earth will I have
done if not for the GIGLa a.k.a Garri, Indomie,
Gala and Lacasera?! ”Man must chop to
survive”
Don’t get me wrong, I am not a poor guy and I
can cook…..infact, don’t try my cooking skills
because I’m competing with YEMKEM’s first
claas student. My three course meal is not my
fault, it is what the giant on Nigeria has done to
my life.
As they say, “No time to check time” …..That is
the anthem of every Lagosian. First things first,
no time for breakfast at all. If you mistakenly
wait at home for breakfast, be prepared to eat
querry on your office desk too……courtsey,
Lagos traffic where two lanes maagically
become five. what type of MAthematics is
that?! Lagos maths. why wont they say maths
is difficult. So you see, automatically gala and
lacasera will always be my friends. I dare not
betray them every morning.
Hectic day at work as usual. All hands always
on deck. No hand to use for lunch except my
Oga at the top decides to stay on top of his bed
at home doing……….shhhhh…you know what.
Or just at home, or chasing contracts and
cheques on the streets of Lagos which has
become the daily prayer of my stomach so that
i can find a correct ” Mama Put” to enter.
Sweet Sensation, Tanterlizers or KFC is just a
waate of money. When I can eat correct eba or
fufu in my International Bukateria and my
stomach will be praying for me, why enter
tanterlizers that will give me big chicken and
small food?!
Unfortunately, it’s all a dream. Hunger can
force beautiful immaginations into someone’s
head. My boss rarely misses office. We will
always be together on empty stomachs talking
to clients because, no salary for a lazy man.
As a Lagosian, my stomach and brain always
think alike. There is just this unbreakable
connection between them. My brain will
always be calculating how to quickly leave the
office to fill my stomach, while my stomach
will be telling my brain to hurry up.
Setting out 5a.m for work everyday and
closing 4p.m only to face every Lagosians
nightmare………you guessed right……traffic jam.
It is only in Lagos that you never see the
cause of the hold up before the road is clear.
The road derives pleasure in punishing us for
riding on its toes.
Anyway, as usual it echoes….”gala gala gala
gala” ……..” cold pure water, lacasera (viju milk
will always be the last to be called) , viju
milk”…….I’m so used to hearing them that I
hear them in my dream. My stomach leaps for
joy as usual.
Getting home after 8p.m is an everyday super
story for many Lagosians. As a radical
bachelor, I must put somethhing in my
stomach otherwise, sleep won’t come. What
choice do I have? Always too tired to cook, so i
always have a sure carton of ” mama you do
good o, you give me food to chop, you give me
Indomie.” Indomie is my sure dinner. I still wo
der why I have never won anything in any if
thier promo’s.
When the indomie is getting too much in my
system, my stomach starts a riot so
sometimes, I shut it’s mouth with correct Ijebu
garri. Sweet without sugar.
Yoruba’s don’t carry last again. I eat a
complete Lagos balanced diet that is why the
stress doesn’t show on. my body.
Lagos has compulsorily given me a food time
table and I must obey. I’m sure there are
others out there living my life. if you’re one of
them, keep your hustle alive and don’t carry
last.
I am a proud Nigerian and I am a sharp
Lagosian.


Dr Aminu Lekan
--A sanguine by nature, a complete extrovert,
highly sociable, always wanting to meet new
people and experience new things...I'm
humorous in character, exuding charm, and very
high in self esteem. You'll definitely want to meet
me.
Ff on Twitter @leksdom

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment

Subscribe